Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my reverse dosent go into gear right away and my chain riller makes noise.any one know what i can do to help my problems???

·
Registered
340 Posts
There was a thread on reverse difficulties in the past. I have some issues getting mine into reverse sometimes too. Just gotta tap on the shifter a couple times. Shoot some wd 40 into the roller. that should quiet it down.

Frank

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
I think I have the same problem with my new Raptor 700.
I bought a new Yfm700r 2007 in a Yamaha official dealer.
When I shift from first to reverse it goes like this;
1. Pull the clutch lever in,
2. Shift the transmission into first gear.
3. Turn to the right the reverse knob "Rev"
4. Shift (you feel the shift pedal apparently shift)
5. Let the clutch out
The reverse light goes on and I’m in first, or I listening the gearbox “rrrrrrrr” and then I must try two or three times to get the moto into reverse gear. This happens about 90% the time I make a first to reverse gear shift. These are the only gears affected.
My dealer said “these problem is normal in Yamaha gearbox in 20% the time, but in mine case this happens 90% the time.
Please help me
Thank yo

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you shift from first to reverse you really have to push down hard and it helps to hit it 2-3 times for good measure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the thread chickn..i wasnt sure if everyone had that problem or if it was just meeeee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ohnitar said:
raptorflash
then you think that it is a normal thing in Raptor's?
And the noise "rrrrrr" What you thinking about?
The rrrr noise is when its not all the way in gear. If it starts to make that sound pull the clutch in and push (kick) down hard on the shift lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts