Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, this seems to be a great forum with lots of info. Here's a little bit about me. I'm 36 (feel like i'm 16) 5'6" tall and about 165lbs, and i'm in NJ where it is illegal to do just about everything fun.

I've had a blaster for almost 10 years, i love that bike. its got extended swing arm, bored out, reeds, sproketed. So recently i've decided to jump into 4 strokes(not giveing up the blaster tho) I recently picked up an 05 Raptor with less than 25 hours on it for $1500 bucks... Sweet! i love the way it looks and feels. now the sad news, once i got it home, changed the oil/gas/brake fluid and went over the bike top to bottom (even tho i got it from the original owner with the original paperwork) I jump on the bike and head out. within 20 min i bent and broke the shift linkage. (thats a gay set-up). gonna fix it and ride it.

Also i am selling a 1972 javelin SST if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Lets see some pics of that Javelin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are some nice shifter's what are the makes of them and who sells them. I had a buddy fix mine but that shifter looks way better and worth it. I do wear boots everytime i ride. I'll post a pic of my javelin when I get back to my computer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so here is the javelin that someone wanted me to post. i'm working on getting one of the shifters that someone showed. thanks for the support! also if anyone is from NJ let me know and we will head out and Ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
That car looks pretty solid. Is that a 68-70 AMX/Javelin I see behind it?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Welcome to the family Javsst! Now on to something more serious!!! Where the pics of the rappy at dammit LOL...Just razzing the new guy LOL...Dont mind me, my cornflakes arent all in the same bowl!!! LMAO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can get razzed all day being im the newest. I'll get the pics of my raptor. Sorry I've just been ridin on it and have not worried about pics. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend. As far as the pic of the jav. It's a 72 but we have 2 69s also but those are not for sale. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any year YZ250.
What year of yz426 or yz250 shifters are those?
You mean the shifter. Where is goes to the peg, then to the tranny? I just put a direct shifter on mine, it is awesome!
yeah put a yz426 or yz250 shifter on there, it's a worthwhile upgrade
WOW what a great mod! So glad I stumbled across this as there's so much slop in the stock setup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts