Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the 3 mods and 15t, if you had $200-$300 to spend on performance...what would you get??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, but im talkin about engine mods

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well...if you've got the experience to do the work yourself, you can pick up a high compression piston for around $150 or less if you search around (10.5 to 11 would be nice). Im not sure how much cams and valve springs go for, but it might be something to look into.

·
Registered
468 Posts
well yamaha of troy has a weisco piston 11:1 for like 119 its a good buy but yamaha of troy is hard to work with........ but i would get a cam also

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok if i got a 11:1 piston and stage two cams... i don't have to do anything else to the motor to run these mods? sorry i'm not much of a mechanic :3question:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:3question:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would have the head ported but you can't do that for 300 bucks. I,m about to do this also and the only thing I think we need is a head gasket. I hope some that knows for sure will come in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i just had mine dont and i didnt know wat would happen but wow power big time i just have a mild port job but still it is amazing um talk to sparky yfz450 mike from sand demon motosports he is really good fast work and amazing shipping but 11:1 and a stage 2 or stage 1 there is really no difference at all so i have been told and get the port job and u will need the heavy springs

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I know you said engine but I actually beleive everyone who says a steering dampener will make you faster. Just my $.02 Oh and if you are gonna get one go Precision.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.