Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking at a 2000 Banshee for $1800 and I know nothing about them so I was wondering if you guys thought it was worth the money. As far as I know it is in good running condition with no issues. I also wanted to know if there are any known problems with the 2000 models to look out for.

Thanks

Jason

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Banshee is pretty standard and pretty reliable in stock trim, nothing special about the 2000 model, the major parts were mechanically identical for the last 16 years or so of their production run.

1800 isn't a bad price, or a particularly good one for a 12 year old quad. If its clean try for 1500. If it's rough, maybe 1200 or even less depending on how rough.

They're good quads, take a little maintenance and more attention to jetting and the chassis isn't quite up to par with modern standards but they're still a lot of fun to ride.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guys told me the wrong model its a 350 Warrior...Sorry for the confusion. Mad dog can you give me some info on the warriors.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah big differene from a banshee to a warrior. If he's gonna drop 1800 then I would look for a raptor

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The Warrior is a good machine but unless he's just starting out on quads the power, or lack of in this case ,is gonna be a problem he'll want more before to long....I'd wait and look for something bigger. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I had a warrior when I was 14 and it was built as far as a warrior can be built aside from a stroker but still by the time I was 15 I was like I need to go faster because my friend had just got a banshee, so I ended up getting a ds650 when I was 16 and that took care of that old banshee with no problems, but with 1800 he should be able to find a better quad. If it was cheap then maybe but in the long run he will probably want more, then he would have to sell a warrior:rolleyes: and thats no fun

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Warriors are fun, and quite frankly as close to bullet proof as any Yamaha gets. That said, the lack of power compared to the 660 will be very noticeable as will the difference in handling. The 660 was praised by Dirtwheels when it came out for it's suspension in comparison to the Warrior 350, though now the 660 gets the short end of the stick compared to 450's and the newer 700R. The Warrior was a great trail quad, and serves as the basis for 95% of the Raptor 350, but it's not on par with the 660 or banshee for power or ability. It's a good trail, backup, or extra quad to have around.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
They are damn bullet proof and good backup or womans quads lol Mine broke all the time but it was also a 1988 so It was hacked up a bit

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I had a Warrior shortly after they first came out they were a good machine back then and as Mad Dog and dog86 said damn near bullet proof.....lord knows my freind John and I beat the living hell out of ours.. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys...He not a very bold rider so I think the power wont be an issue for a long time. He bought a pos Tao Tao 250 last year and I think the suspension gave a few of the guys hemorrhoids lol. I think a warrior will be a big improvement over his current ride! We are going to try it out this weekend and if all goes well hopefully he can get a good deal on it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I started out on a 350 warrior when i was 11

1 - 11 of 11 Posts