Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 660 that will idle fine and ride good in low rpms and high rpms. Once i push the throttle to specific spot maybe 1/4, it will bog and backfire a small amount. as long as i rev it higher, it will jerk forward and ride normally if i keep it in high rpms. The same thing happens while in neutral...any suggestions to whats wrong?

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
Is by any chance your choke stuck on? Does moving the lever make any difference at idle?

·
Master of the Electron
15,236 Posts
That doesn't show enough... push to the bog slowly.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,748 Posts
You already have this thread with your problem, why did you start another? You should delete it to prevent confusion and double answers!

Reactions: ayeitsnico

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesn't show enough... push to the bog slowly.

Choke helps the problem and i raised the needle so it is the highest position of 6 clips now hoping that it would become richer. My left carb is 2 turns out on mixture screw and right is 3...i have a yoshi exhaust kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You already have this thread with your problem, why did you start another? You should delete it to prevent confusion and double answers!
Was hoping for more responses with the added info, i tried to delete but i dont think you can so i reported it for dup now

·
Super Moderator
8,528 Posts
I got it resolved and deleted. Thanks for notifying.

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,748 Posts
What main jets do you have? You probly need bigger mains and 25 pilots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What main jets do you have? You probly need bigger mains and 25 pilots.
Supposedly the guy put in whatever comes with the yoshi exhaust, im still learning so do exhausts normally come with the jets you need? Also my carb needle has 6 positions, not five but when i opened it, there was no metal washer that usually goes on top of the clip ( maybe thats why theres 6 positions?) I put a washer on each needle from an extra carb i had... so with the washer on, what should i set the clip size in order for it to be stock? The 5th out of 6 or 4th? Lowering the needle makes it leaner so would i have to open the fuel screw slightly since it already seems to be running lean? Or should i keep the needle at highest setting and change fuel mixture then lastly change jets?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
6 positions is good, because it means they are DynoJet brand(stock have 5).
They DO need washers on top, and those needles assemble just like stock does.
The 4th clip position,(the 3rd one down from the top) is where you should start, as it will most likely run the best there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts