Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local guy selling his rappy. Its a 2001 660 it has a k&N, jet kit, new tires, replaced starter, clutch and start gear, he wants 2700 for it. Is that a good deal or should i keep looking for one a littler newer. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey ya i think that its a good deal if i was looking for one i would buy that one

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it has the starter and 1 way replaced, most of the problems should be taken care of as far as dependability. I would try to talk him down some though, just because it's an 01. Sounds like an ok quad i would go for it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Definitely talk him down a bit! i paid 2300 for an 03

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would talk him down alittle also. I just bought my 01 a couple of months ago for $2800, but it had a dura blu axle, 02 tran. upgrade, wide front end, new rebuilt motor by local shop, new tires, gytr heelgaurds, gytr complete skid plates, nerf bars, meiar plastics, full yoshi exaust system. Quads around here get about $1000 more then out east on average. There is room on this quad to play or i would keep looking. My $.02

·
Master of the Electron
15,882 Posts
My $.02 worth: This is NOT a fantastic deal, but it my be a decent one. The 01's are notorious for internal tranny probs, so unless this one's has been rebuilt with '02 or newer parts, i'd be wary. I bought an '02 3 weeks ago for $2500... it needed a starter clutch, but no big, had that done in the first 3 hours of ownership, lol. Else it is in very very nice shape, and modified with pipe, jets and K&N to boot! I had seen 02's and 03's going, in the last several weeks, for from $1900 to 3000. I tried to get to that $1900, but by the time i arrived, the first guy to show up had taken it.

If this bike is in good shape, and especially if it's had the tranny rebuilt, i'd say it's worth a second look. Otherwise, keep looking. There are plenty of good deals out there, if you are patient and smart about it. I found a bunch of reasonably priced Rappy's on Craig's list over the last month. Found the one i eventually bought there.

Again, just my opinion, but I had been looking a lot over the last couple of months.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If the Tranny has been replaced, go for it, if not pass on it or you will spend a bunch to replace the tranny in 9 out of 10 cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an 01 that needed a starter clutch, tires, and some new plastic for $1500.00 So after all that it comes close to what he is asking, see if you can get him down a little. But over all sounds pretty sound..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.