Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have read other posts and gotten some information on why my bike is backfiring but i still want to be sure. I recently had my valves done and my carbs cleaned out hoping it would help. My quad still idles great but when you give it gas backfires, pops and backfires from carb boots, and shoots flame from exhaust. Can anyone help me with this problem. THANKS

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello I have read other posts and gotten some information on why my bike is backfiring but i still want to be sure. I recently had my valves done and my carbs cleaned out hoping it would help. My quad still idles great but when you give it gas backfires, pops and backfires from carb boots, and shoots flame from exhaust. Can anyone help me with this problem. THANKS
First thing, if you have any mods done to the bike please list them or let us know if it is stock!!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Rev Max Limiter
Yoshimura Exhaust
K&N filter
Parking brake cut off
It could be your park brake rev limiter engaging because of a stuck switch or the green and yellow wire shorting to ground or your reverse rev limiter engaging, this comes on at a little higher rpm the PB rev limiter but has the same effects, it could be caused by the reverse switch having bad connection with the green and white wire located at the drive sprocket, an easy remedy is to ground this wire and you will disable the reverse rev limiter but also the reverse light.................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I tried my bike after stripping it down cleaning every connection and putting it back together. I'm talking had this thing left to frame and engine and put it all back and it still runs like shit. Can Anyone suggest things.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I tried my bike after stripping it down cleaning every connection and putting it back together. I'm talking had this thing left to frame and engine and put it all back and it still runs like shit. Can Anyone suggest things.
So all the things you did made no difference, describe in detail all you did.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Unplug the parking brake switch connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts