Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02 craptor 660r
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what a relatively easy swap would be for a 660? i know all swaps require work but if someone knows one that wouldnt require a whole new frame that would be great

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Nothing else will bolt in.
You'll have to cut out the old engine mounts and weld in new ones regardless what it is.
So long as the engine fits within the frame, and line up the sprockets, the rest is just fabricating mounts.
If you go to a multi-cylinder liquid cooled engine, you will likely need a bigger radiator as well.
If you are or know a good welder/fabricator, this is not a bad job.
If you're not, it will get expensive quickly.

·
Premium Member
'02 craptor 660r
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing else will bolt in.
You'll have to cut out the old engine mounts and weld in new ones regardless what it is.
So long as the engine fits within the frame, and line up the sprockets, the rest is just fabricating mounts.
If you go to a multi-cylinder liquid cooled engine, you will likely need a bigger radiator as well.
If you are or know a good welder/fabricator, this is not a bad job.
If you're not, it will get expensive quickly.
yeah i've been looking at partially wrecked sportbikes as a donor, and ive seen some other people do it but they have to cut the frame and widen or lengthen it. i was just wondering if anyone has done that without modifying the frame, just the mounts. instead of trial and error im just seeing what fits to other peoples knowledge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts