Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced wire harness and not getting power to lights or anything. Quad isn't turning over at all. I can cross the posts with a screw driver and spark the starter relay but does nothing. Any ideas?? Most of my shops around here are booked till about mid October.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,604 Posts
What year wire harness did you get? Yes, the '01 is different then '02-'05.Check the fuse as well as the polarity on the starter solenoid.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a 02 the relay is getting power from battery but my lights don't come on and no power to starter

·
Master of the Electron
14,517 Posts
What about the fuse on top of the relay (one is used other is spare)?

12V should go from the fuse to the key switch (red wire) and from there to the run/stop switch (red/white) and from there to the CDI (red/black wire).

You need 12V at the CDI on red/black for anything to work.

·
Master of the Electron
14,517 Posts
That "replacement" harness looks pretty thrashed... Why did you replace it in the first place?

What does 'stuck' mean and at WHAT spot? We can only work from what you tell us via your keyboard... 'stuck' tells us nothing and there are hundreds of 'spots' in your pic that could be at issue.

So, do you have 12V at the red/black wire to the CDI or not? Have you downloaded the manual which has the full wiring diagram as last page?

FYI - Yellow/black goes from CDI to the relay coil - it's 12V when CDI is ready to start the quad (sees you're in neutral, etc,)

Blue/black goes to the start button from the other side of the relay coil - the button, when pushed, pulls the blue/black to ground, energizing the coil and turning on the relay - assuming the other side (yellow/black) is at 12v.

BTW, DO NOT jump 12V from battery to the yellow/black wire - you will permanantly damage the CDI. I have a work around if it is damaged in this way, but it is extra wiring work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts