Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking on craigslist trying to trade evenly a 1999 yz250. i have a 426f and do not ride the 250 anymore. i got an email from a guy down the road from me saying he will trade a 2002 raptor 660 evenly for my 250. he said the only problem is is that SOMETIMES it slips in 2nd gear but other than that it runs great.

so im not sure if i should trade my bike for it or not. just looking to get some opinions. and estimates on how much it would be to fix. i know more about dirt bikes than i do 4 wheelers so any help would be great.

thanks much

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
tell him to give you the VIN number and check the tenth digit to see if its a 1 or 2 if its an 01 don't buy it....second gear fails...if the tranny is slipping at all I wouldn't buy/trade it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is an 02 and its slipping would it be worth getting? and be fairly cheap to fix? i dont want to trade my nice bike and have to pay thousands of dollars fixing this

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
Engagement dogs are worn on 2nd gear... If you repair yourself up to $500. If you have it done, much more... keep that in mind when comparing trading value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts