Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I go thru alot of mudd and plenty of water/ creeks but I don't expect the water to be too terribly deep..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK I got my Dynojets Stage 2, and I understand what QuadManiac told me to do, but I'm still not comfortable with messing with carbs. I'm more experienced in engine work I've always had my buddy to do the carb work but he's in Germany (deployed).. Are their any special tools i need to know about? Does anyone have a link to a video?, that wld be kol

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Necessary tools - phillips and flat screwdriver, several small wrenches. Take plenty of disassembly pictures and only take one apart at a time so you always have a reference in the other.

Plenty to study here in the forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok,, so I put DJ146 in Left DJ148 in Right 2turns out on both screws. I'm not sure about the 25 pilots My Dynojet kit did not come with 25 pilots.
I also cut the top & flaps. So now I will hook everything back up and see whats up Wish ur boy luck

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
And you're using the DJ kit supplied needles right? Turn your screws out an extra 3/4 turn with 22.5 pilots.

Good Luck to ya, boy!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Ok,, so I put DJ146 in Left DJ148 in Right 2turns out on both screws. I'm not sure about the 25 pilots My Dynojet kit did not come with 25 pilots.
I also cut the top & flaps. So now I will hook everything back up and see whats up Wish ur boy luck
Just the way this is worded makes me think you left the main jets 2 turns out. Those should be all the way in. Only the pilot jets should be turned out...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
He said "2turns out on both screws "... lack of punctuation generates confusion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Lol my bad QuadManiac, your right, bad punctuation, ONLY the pilots are 2 turns out, Main jets are nice and tight. We've had alot of rain today so I have not been able to run her yet, but she sounds good. If she does not run correctly then ill go back in and turn the pilots an extra 3/4.

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Lol my bad QuadManiac, your right, bad punctuation, ONLY the pilots are 2 turns out, Main jets are nice and tight. We've had alot of rain today so I have not been able to run her yet, but she sounds good. If she does not run correctly then ill go back in and turn the pilots an extra 3/4.
I hope you mean pilot SCREWS not pilot jets...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, Screws 2 turns out. My Bad
Once again I appreciate all the help. Plus I was happy to see thT the Zoom carbs were new. The carbs were really clean. I'll post sum pics tmrw. Can we post videos on here?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes post some vids. I usually upload to YouTube and then link.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Either the floats are not set correctly or the float needle tip is bad or clogged. Also could be the oring on the needle seat itself. I cant remember, is this a new carb?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Float level set too high or float valve is leaking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I don't have any clear tubung but I adjusted the float alil I'm gonna see what happens.
But I really don't get it, I started her up, to let her warm up. She rode great, but after 15mins of riding, I parked it and noticed it was leaking/draining fuel from the bottom of the right carb. And it slowly drained my whole tank. I don't get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Please remember, my carbs are New Zoom carbs(made in America but are only $50-$60).. im just still thinking that these carbs are shit. I've been told to use OEM carbs or FCR carbs, and if thats the case, I found a set of OEM carbs for $190. +$40 for a rebuild kit.
FCR carbs are $1500, that just seems ridiculous. Has anyone on here ever spent that much $$ on a set of carbs? Whats so special about fcr carbs?

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can buy a foot of clear tubing at most any hardware store for a $1.

You can't just bend a float tang(s) and guess, that's like not using a torque wrench on a head bolt and just hoping for the best.
Measuring and adjusting things accordingly will keep you from chasing your tail.
Especially considering that you aren't just trying to get a carburetor set right, you're trying to get 2 syncd together.

and
FCR makes great carburetors...which have alot of parts, which also means alot of R&D and engineering.
$1500 IS alot, but quality costs money, and they have to make a profit.
$50 carburetors usually run like, well...$50 carburetors.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts