Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first post on this forum thanks in advance if anyone has some solid input.

Just went riding yesterday and my 100% solid running and consistent raptor starting doing some weird stuff... Motor starts perfect, but after you revv it up there is a fairly distinct rattle coming from the left side of the motor. Felt like it slipped out of gear in 4th maybe... Under normal riding it shifts through the gears fine and motor sounds normal besides the rattle. Rides just fine but i have been riding this raptor for 1 year and there is clearly something wrong. Something is loose and rattling after revving the motor. When i come down a steep hill it gets louder like the pressure on the tranny? the clutch? the starter clutch? Any ideas would be great. let me know if there is more info i can provide i'm really anxious to figure this out and continue riding.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
clutch is on the right side...starter clutch? maybe, start with the basics....chain, sprockets, axle bearings....after that....tranny, and starter clutch

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Check the simple stuff first - chain tightness and integrity and sprockets for severe wear.

Next, check cam chain tension (ask and we'll tell you how).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts