Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with Polaris? My buddy bought a 2002 Scrambler 400, and he said it shuts off after the bike warms up... Anyone know what would, or which sensor would cause this? Any help or idea is appreciated.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Anyone familiar with Polaris? My buddy bought a 2002 Scrambler 400, and he said it shuts off after the bike warms up... Anyone know what would, or which sensor would cause this? Any help or idea is appreciated.
P O L A R I S, oh god, that could be anything from bad wiring, bad fuel, coil problem, etc..........

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, i had a 250 trail blazer back in the day, i was climbing a hill and the chain popped and cracked the side of the case, and it would need a head light every six months or so....other then that it seemed ok, but then i jumped to the warrior. I've seen and heard maybe polaris horror stories, i guess i lucked when i had one.

·
Registered
435 Posts
P O L A R I S, oh god, that could be anything from bad wiring, bad fuel, coil problem, etc..........
talking sleds...Pull Off Lake And Repair In Spring

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's an update if anyone wanted to know

a combination of wiring, and the hose from the overflow tank not hooked up. So there was no circulation, which was fooling the sensor and making her shut down

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Here's an update if anyone wanted to know

a combination of wiring, and the hose from the overflow tank not hooked up. So there was no circulation, which was fooling the sensor and making her shut down
Great you got her fixed, which sensor would that be that caused it to shut down.............:)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Temp sensor on the the radiator.
So this temperature sender switch could tell there was no circulation because of the overflow hose not being connected there fore it shut the engine off after the engine ran a few minutes. Strange.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The way it was explained to me, that's what i got....I assume it's a safety so it doesn't over heat and bake the engine. He actually bought a new sensor thinking it was just that, but that didn't correct it. There's a local atv mechanic in his town, and he's the one that actually sorted it out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The way it was explained to me, that's what i got....I assume it's a safety so it doesn't over heat and bake the engine. He actually bought a new sensor thinking it was just that, but that didn't correct it. There's a local atv mechanic in his town, and he's the one that actually sorted it out.
I would think that a temperature sensor in the engine would be more beneficial to sense heat then in the rad. If the engine overheated because of a malfunctioning thermostat, the engine would fry before the rad sensor got hot enough to sense there was a problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe with it on the engine it would be to sensitive with the temp surges?

I don't know, it is Polaris....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts