Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
pewterpecker said:
You're going to have to give us some more info, like it's use, hours, and the such. Raptors are great quads, but the 02 model year has the starter bearing problem (like pretty much all Raptors).
They all have it...

Depends on the condition as PP said. Aftermarket parts have an impact as well, but not much unless there are serious internal upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
In NJ they're not really selling at a premium, but not as cheap as the midwest either.

2500-4000 for something stock or close to it. Can't nail down exactly what they're going for over there, but it's a ballpark.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Just talk to him and ask alot of questions. Especially about maintnence and look for alot of aftermarket parts. That either means he wants the best looking/riding/handling machine or its been wrecked alot and been replaced with new stuff. I went and looked at a 400ex for my girlfriend and it has new wheels, stem, bars,plastics,axle,shocks ect. I was thinking this was good until he started telling me... I got those bars when I rolled it at the dunes, and the new wheels when it was flipped at the trail, and the new stem and axle when it fell off my truck at 40mph.... on and on. Needless to say I just walked away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this it what he said. "I ride the raptor 4 or 5 times a year for a good 5-6 hour day . I am an adult and I have never crashed or tipped.I t has usual scuffs from boots etc but no damage whatsoever.i bought it from my friend who is younger and basically had it in the garage for showing off,and he rode around his property.I t doesn t have an hour meter but it gets used little.Since my wife can't ride with me she encouraged me to sell it and get a 4x4 we both could enjoy off road.It hardly ever gets used and less each year as my buddies get married and have kids.The raptor is limited edition black for that year.(plastics black,silver frame,red accents which were repainted gunmetal grey)If i were to sell it I could get in the neighborhood of 4500 on ebay.check for yourself.It has newer genuine Yamaha alum. skid plate and brush guard new in the spring and all totaling $610.It has aftermarket wide rims front and back and mud paddles on the rear,holeshots on the front.also there is a brand new set of holeshots on stock rear rims.that was another 500+ last year and all tires are at 85% or better.Oil gets changed before every all day trip .We take them to Paragon in PA( a large pay to ride area.)"

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
John said:
2002 for $4500 sounds crazy to me

I see nice 03 and 04's for +/- $3000 all the time in Florida

I payed about $2400 for my 03 and it was about perfect
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
cammok5 said:
whats it sond like its worth
Here in AZ bikes sell for alot more so it would go for about $3500. I got $4800 for my 2005 660 in brand new condition so he is asking wayyy to much. I wouldnt pay a penny more then $3500 and maybe less depending on how well they resell in your area.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you only have $2500 in to the truck it sounds like a good deal. If he thinks his quad is worth $4500 then he will probably think your $2500 truck is worth $5000 :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.