Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy who just picked up a 2003 Raptor 660.. Its got alba graphics on it and a buddy of his said it was an actual production 660 that had upgrades from the factory. Anyone ever heard of an Alba 660?? Lol

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I got a buddy who just picked up a 2003 Raptor 660.. Its got alba graphics on it and a buddy of his said it was an actual production 660 that had upgrades from the factory. Anyone ever heard of an Alba 660?? Lol
In my dreams.............never heard of one........

·
Master of the Electron
15,044 Posts
Alba was a company here in San Diego County that did aftermarket mods to Raptors (kinda like GYTR) and marketed them... they OEM'd exhaust from Yoshi, if I recall, air filters from K&N and nerfs and stuff like that from other decent manufacturers.

All be told, they are just Raptors with special Alba graphics and decent mods. Alba, as a storefront, has gone out of business here, but they still maintain an online presence.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Exactly QM ! There are no "Alba Editions" from the factory, but Alba used to take stock bikes and basically throw their graphics, an intake and an exhaust on the bike and sell them brand new like that.

I don't know for sure, but I think at one point they were buying/moving enough product that you could buy a brand new bike with those mods from them for about the same as a 100% factory bike would go for from the Yamaha showroom.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The price of an Alba atv was the MSRP of the factory atv. Basically you got a set of graphics and an exhaust for whatever the local dealership was listing their standard atvs for. Not a bad deal if your dealer didn't want to come off from MSRP very far.

The alba pipes they used for the 660 back then were complete junk, and if they were yoshimura they sure weren't based on any previous, current, or future pipe I've seen. They were loud and made mid-range power, but they fell apart almost as fast as the GYTR carbon mufflers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts