Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my brothers Raptor 660 trying to get it to run right. He claimed the other stock carbs ran great but were sticking on throttle and leak fuel out of the bowls so he went out and bought the amazon replacement carbs and never got it running right. For reference the bike has an alba exhaust and open lid with K&N filter. Brought it to me and I took apart the carbs and switched all the jets from the old carbs to the new ones. Had mixture screws set out 2 turns each side. Used the needles from old carbs and have them on the 3rd clip from top. Got it running and idling perfect but as soon is u roll the throttle just past 1/8 to 1/4 throttle it bogs and pops and wants to die.
I've tried messing with the mixture screws and the needles to no avail. Tried to put a lid on it and seemed to run better but under load still wants to plug past 1/4 throttle. Any help is greatly appreciated.....

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Have you read the stickies about the RPM limiters yet? You need to eliminate these as a possibility before assuming it's a carb issue.

What jet sizes are you running and what mods have been done to exhaust and airbox?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just disconnected the parking brake and the reverse is already grounded. Has the air box with the lid removed. K&n filter and Alba racing exhaust. He said it ran great with the old carbs, just throttle stuck and fuel bowl was overflowing. I switched all the jets and pilots and needles to the new carbs and set it up identical to no avail.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Pilots are probably too small or plugged up. Chinese Raptor carbs are junk. I'd fix the old ones. Put a new needle and seat in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned up the old carbs and took a look at the jets. Has 155/160 mains and a 27.5 pilots. Hard to rear the numbers but that's what it said. Turned the mixture screws out 2.5 on both carbs. Started it up and it didnt want to idle without choke on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts