Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
mine does the same, but if i wiggle stuff around in the battery compartment, itll eventually turn over

·
Registered
521 Posts
i could start mine fine by shorting the lugs together on the solenoid... pressing the starter button would just make it click. called my local shop.. got a new solenoid on the way along with the parts to fix our kodiak too :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
the lug that has the wire from the battery, then the lug that has the wire going to the starter. both should have rubber boots on the wire ends, just pull those back to expose the metal lugs.. and try shorting them (i used a pair of rubber handled pliers or the screw driver from the raptor tool kit)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the lug that has the wire from the battery, then the lug that has the wire going to the starter. both should have rubber boots on the wire ends, just pull those back to expose the metal lugs.. and try shorting them (i used a pair of rubber handled pliers or the screw driver from the raptor tool kit)
Did that, some minor sparks happened and still the same click. I'm leaning towards battery. THX

·
Registered
521 Posts
have you tried jumping it from a battery charger / booster box?

·
Master of the Electron
15,882 Posts
First, fully charge battery with a plug in charger. Then:

1) remove connections from battery and clean all mating surfaces with wire brush. Reconnect using wrench, not phillips screwdriver

2) press start button - you still hear a CLICK, but no starter turning? If starter DOES turn now, you fixed the problem.

3) Else, short across two solenoid lugs - sparks - no starter turn? Either battery is bad (or not charged) or starter is seized or battery cable or cables are bad - corroded from battery acid fumes. if starter DOES turn, but you get the CLICK when pushing button - solenoid is bad.

Let us know your results. Any thing else is going to require making a few measurements with a volt meter... we'll walk you through them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i fell under #3... start button would make it click (i used to be able to wiggle the solenoid around while pressing the button and it would catch) then i tried shorting the lugs...turned over every time. picked up my new solenoid today from the shop ($50.79 :( ) but its going on tomorrow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.