Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 raptor 660 started by jump start and ran for a little while then I went to jump it again and no spark across the solenoid I have replaced the stator ignition coil and solenoid(solenoid was a few moths ago tho) what could be wrong

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does engine turn over on starter without spark plug in?:wink

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,041 Posts
So, you have been shorting the solenoid to start it? What's wrong with the start switch. You replaced the solenoid, was it a factory part? No spark now would mean the battery cables, connections or solenoid are bad. Don't forget to check the ground wire. You'll need a VOM or a test light.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same issue as well. Seems like I have voltage everywhere I'm supposed to, solenoid is good, connections are clean, battery is fully charged... Like there's no life in it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm having the same issue as well. Seems like I have voltage everywhere I'm supposed to, solenoid is good, connections are clean, battery is fully charged... Like there's no life in it.
do you get a clicking from solenoid when trying to crank engine?

·
Registered
68 Posts
QM is THE electrics man,follow his advice n hopefully you'll sus it out.Good luck n don't forget to check valve clearance as it turns out to be REALLY important
:wink

·
11,041 Posts
No clicking, nothing if I put a wrench across the solenoid posts either.
You should start your own thread.

But since I'm here, you have a battery, connection or cable issue. A common problem is corrosion in the battery cables. Yes, you'll read 12volts, but it won't pass any current. Take some jumper cables from battery ground to the starter body ground. Then the other cable from battery positive and the other end to jump the solenoid.

If you get a spark and cranking, your cables or connection are bad.

If you don't get a spark, your battery or connections are bad. Try jumping from the wife's car.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
11,041 Posts
No clicking, nothing if I put a wrench across the solenoid posts either.
You should start your own thread.

But since I'm here, you have a battery, connection or cable issue. A common problem is corrosion in the battery cables. Yes, you'll read 12volts, but it won't pass any current. Take some jumper cables from battery ground to the starter body ground. Then the other cable from battery positive and the other end to jump the solenoid.

If you get a spark and cranking, your cables or connection are bad.

If you don't get a spark, your battery or connections are bad. Try jumping from the wife's car.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
Sorry, I see you do have your own thread. Test as above, but chances are you'll need a new wire harness form the correct year(s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts