Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2004 raptor 80. It had sat for several years when I got it from the owner. When I put gas in it and cranked several times and gas started pouring out of the plastic valve at the bottom of the carb. I noticed the butterfly was stuck open in the carb so when I would turn the choke on it wasn't closing. I took the carb apart and cleaned it, took the peacock out of the gas tank and cleaned the filters. I put the carb back on and it started with the choke on but I noticed oil spitting out of the crank case breather tube,so I turned it off and drained the oil and it has a lot of gas in it. Could that have been because of trying to start it with the butterfly stuck? Or what could it be? Also does anyone know where I can get a seat or cover? And maybe a hood, mine has a small place on it. The tube that goes at the bottom of the carb is missing, I think it's the overflow hose?? When I get a replacement hose where does it route to? Just hang down? Would that being off affect anything?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
75 Posts
First thing that comes to mind as far as the fuel in the oil goes is, the bike sat for years, I am guessing that it sat with the fuel turned on and never drained the tank. Especially if the butterfly was stuck open. As far as the overflow tube I would let it hang down, maybe zip-tie it to one of the frame bars so that it isn't dangling. It shouldn't effect anything as far as it not being there other than it helps keeping the dirt out of the carb. Body panels? I can't help ya there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dang. I didn't even look to see that this post was 4 months old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts