Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening Fellas,

Hope all is well. Hoping to get some pointers.. at my wits end. So I bought a 04 Raptor 660 a few months ago. Bought it cheap. Needed some love. So far I've had to buy new tie rods, whole new air box and tubes. It came with a carb that didn't look original. And an edlebrock. I've tried just about everything. (Did the parking and reverse mods). So I took it to a shop. They wanted $1100 to rebuild the carb for a couple of missing parts in the carb. Bought the JDMSPEED $50 carb off Amazon and gave it to them. They basically said it did the same thing. And want more money. I'm going to grab it back from them. Any pointers? Hated to ask, too proud I guess. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n alexx exhaust
256 Posts
need to find oem carbs their made by Mikuni. They say made in Japan on the side. I bought the same carb and the pilot jets holes were not spec. Worked but tuning was non existent. Found a used oem on eBay $150 about two months ago and rebuilt it. Pain To find one but worth it.

I know edelbrock made a carb setup that Was different than the oem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! It is indeed tough to find a OEM carb. No jet kit helped you out?

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n alexx exhaust
256 Posts
I had bought the dynojet stage 2 and you have to buy the pilot jets separate. The pilot jets was the issue on the cheapos. The threads weren’t the correct size so couldn’t swap them. One side was right but the other the thread was bigger, their suppose to match. Good luck. Look in the for sale on this page theirs an oem now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Willing to split with them??
Yes I could . ...$225 plus $25 ship fee ....I guarantee them to run however I had to shut fuel off due to a constant drip....I bought a whole another roller with engine and just swapped them....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are OEM? guaranteed to run through whole throttle range? Constant drip from overflow?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
They are OEM? guaranteed to run through whole throttle range? Constant drip from overflow?
Constant drip from overflow would just be worn needles and seats, and/or bowl gaskets.
All come in a $20 rebuild kit and are easy to replace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes they are OEM carburetors they came off an 01 Yamaha Raptor 660 I was able to score the whole frame axles a arms pretty much a rolling frame with an engine bottom casing engine on it was good the upper piston was was blown to pieces I scored it for 350 bucks set alarm instead of just ordering the rebuild kit for the carburetors that I currently hit were using which are the ones you are interested in I just did a swap and I haven't had any problems....... yes they run through the Full Throttle range there was no popping no backfire no spitting and sputtering on my bike it just I didn't like the way that the header pipe was

1 - 11 of 11 Posts