Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2004 yamaha Raptor 660 that didnt run. I was told it had electrical problems. Well I got it home and start working on it and realized that alot of the wiring was fried. I replaced the wiring harness, starter relay, starter, battery, and electric start/kill switch. I still can not get the raptor to start. I tried pulling it off my truck and I can get it to turn over but not start. Whenever I hit the start button I hear alot of clicking from under the seat I believe from the starter relay but every now and then it will turn over but I feel like it is turning over slow or weak. I think I may need another one way but I dont have any idea how to check if its good or bad. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you have any other questions. I believe I covered everything. Thank you

·
Registered
229 Posts
how long has the gas been sitting in the unit? probably need to dump the old gas and get some fresh gas in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I will do that today or in the morning. How hard is it to check and see if the gas is passing throught the carburetor or if the are clogged up?

·
Registered
229 Posts
if its been sitting for a while you should take it off and clean it. do a search for on it and there is a walk through on how to remove. I have a 350 and it takes me 10 minutes to take it off.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Clean carbs properly, check all connections at the battery and check the starter.........

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
Use a set of jumper cables to a known good battery - does it turn over well now? If so your battery is weak. Else, it's connection or cable issue... and clean your carbs thoroughly and properly as Willy suggests - they are ALWAYS filthy when you get the bike used.

Download the manual from the 660 Maintenance Sticky section (at top) - wiring diagram is last page. There's not much to it, you can follow with a meter and make sure all is well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts