Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on tightening the axle nuts. I tightened them by the book, and the axle will not turn very freely . Put in new axle, bearings, seals. I didn't replace the spacer. From other post I found that you shouldn't have to replace the spacer every time. Just got quad and don't know its history. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If the spacer is worn at all, and you tighten the axle nuts to specs, it will cause excess side load on the bearings, this will make it hard to turn over and also damage the bearings practically immediately if used in this fashion................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the spacer is worn at all, and you tighten the axle nuts to specs, it will cause excess side load on the bearings, this will make it hard to turn over and also damage the bearings practically immediately if used in this fashion................
thank you for your help, got the new parts ordered and I give it another try.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
thank you for your help, got the new parts ordered and I give it another try.
This also applies to the carrier, but the bearings in the carrier would have to have come loose and caused damage to the interior seating area where the bearing rests when pressed in.............
When installing the bearings into the carrier, make sure this area is clean, has no burrs and the bearing seats properly, when pressing the bearing into the carrier, press on the OD of the bearing, not the center rotating collar..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts