Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here,
The raptor is going to the shop to be re jetted due to adding a couple small mods and i have no clue (yet) on how to work with carbs, bike is a 2005 raptor 660 with lid off and pro design k & n intake with a white brothers slip on, rest stock, I have mikuni 2 #25s and mikuni 150,155,160,170 coming in the mail, i can use stock needles with those mods right? cause i cant find needles forsale anywhere, just wondering a good starting point to tell them to start with because i know different brands of jets varry and im not sure what they normally use and these dont come with directions like the kits do, anything will be greatly appeciated, nice meeting you all! ride safe!

Evan R.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Newbie here,
The raptor is going to the shop to be re jetted due to adding a couple small mods and i have no clue (yet) on how to work with carbs, bike is a 2005 raptor 660 with lid off and pro design k & n intake with a white brothers slip on, rest stock, I have mikuni 2 #25s and mikuni 150,155,160,170 coming in the mail, i can use stock needles with those mods right? cause i cant find needles forsale anywhere, just wondering a good starting point to tell them to start with because i know different brands of jets varry and im not sure what they normally use and these dont come with directions like the kits do, anything will be greatly appeciated, nice meeting you all! ride safe!

Evan R.
With the lid off, you will need aftermarket needles. Check with Alba Nate, a member on this forum, he has them for 10 bucks each. .........

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
To add to what Willy said, if your bike is going to a shop, why are you having to tell them a good place to start for jetting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, and just not sure what they use for jets, figured i would just give them the starting point with people who have already been there, so then they can fine tune it from there, im just picky and hopfully they know what they are doing lol

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
thanks guys, and just not sure what they use for jets, figured i would just give them the starting point with people who have already been there, so then they can fine tune it from there, im just picky and hopfully they know what they are doing lol
Most shops don't have the room to test drive after rejetting .........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome will do man, thanks a lot i appreciate it, so how do these ALBAs needles compare to others, trying to check reviews just not much on them, just want to make sure im doing everything right the first time, so i dont have issues, anybody you know run albas?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
awesome will do man, thanks a lot i appreciate it, so how do these ALBAs needles compare to others, trying to check reviews just not much on them, just want to make sure im doing everything right the first time, so i dont have issues, anybody you know run albas?
I believe the albas are dyno jets or similar......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay sounds good to me, aslong as they work well, just wish i heard from someone that used them, and sick picture man, looks like you were hauling ass around that corner

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
okay sounds good to me, aslong as they work well, just wish i heard from someone that used them, and sick picture man, looks like you were hauling ass around that corner
Minimum speed on That track was 50 mph.......:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts