Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought this 660 and cleaned the carb out. Has 142/146 mains and 22.5 pilots. Also has an exhaust but the air box is stock with a lid. I’m getting a tumble/stutter/bogg right at a 1/4 to 3/8 throttle. Seems like when I punch the throttle it does it more but if I easy I to it and pass 1/4 it runs great. I’m guessing I need to go to a 25 pilot jet. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Thanks!!!

· Master of the Electron
16,159 Posts
I think you may be 1 notch too rich on the needles... turn the choke on some and see if it gets worse or better and where in throttle position it does. Better means you're too lean, worse means too rich. If there is NO change, even at full choke, then your choke plunger is probably stuck open.

· Registered
82 Posts
Since you have dj jets in there, I'm wondering if it also has dj needles. With a closed airbox, you'll probably be better off using OEM needles, but dj might work if you have them on a leaner notch.

It's not likely to matter at all, but it's a little weird to have 142/146 mains. most guys run something like 142/144 with a closed box

· Master of the Electron
16,159 Posts
It's not likely to matter at all, but it's a little weird to have 142/146 mains. most guys run something like 142/144 with a closed box
Good catch, Wilson, I missed it. I agree with you.

Reactions: Wilson
1 - 4 of 4 Posts