Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bike starts up and idles perfect but as soon as you touch the throttle it dies. i don’t know what’s wrong with it. i bought it like this. it could be because i have the boots that go to the air box missing but i don’t think so. if anyone has any way they can help me i would really appreciate and if you give me the problem and it fixes it i was definitely be sending paypal to the person. thanks for reading. comment anything that you think might help.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
You Need the airbox boots.
You also need the correct jetting.
You'll have to take your carbs apart and see what you have, and list any modifications you have(like exhaust).
Look at the carb info in the 660 Stickie section.
Ask questions as you need to.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
It won't run above idle without the fully assembled airbox connected and closed unless you rejet to match the change in airflow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It won't run above idle without the fully assembled airbox connected and closed unless you rejet to match the change in airflow.
thanks man. also i was trying to put the air box boots on the carb. should i have to force them on because it seems like they would really have to be forced on.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
They belong on there... whatever it takes. A bit of oil can help.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
Is the full intact airbox with filter now installed and closed up?

Have you cleaned the carbs? Raptors that sit for long tend to get plugged up pilot jets and passages.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the full intact airbox with filter now installed and closed up?

Have you cleaned the carbs? Raptors that sit for long tend to get plugged up pilot jets and passages.
yes , i had a machanic that came out. he said my cdi is bad.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
He's wrong - as I answered in your NEW post... this is why multiple posts on the same subject are so disliked - they waste time and cause confusion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts