Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flooded 2005 raptor 660 in the river, I flushed the fuel and the oil and cleaned the carburetor. After I that I changed the spark plug out, then I tried to start the atv, when I pressed the electric starter it didn't make a noise or anything. The lights work on it but it wont start electrically. I pulled started it and it cranked for like 10 seconds and then it didn't turn back over, it comes on every now and then but my electric starter won't work. I need help

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,462 Posts
You may need to check all wire connections for water or corrosion. Then add dielectric to all. Pull the stator cover and check for corrosion. Dry everything with a heat gun or hair dryer. Make sure the air cleaner is clean and not wet.

When cleaning the carbs, run a copper speaker wire thru all orifices, including the carb bodies. Then flush with carb/brake cleaner. Don't mix up parts, they are different. Replace any bad rubber. Be sure the carb boots are fully seated and not over clamped. Pull the fuel line, check for constant flow into a container. Make sure the fuel is fresh.

Check the gas cap vent, Blows in, not out. Adjust the valves, especially the intake.

Jump across the two big terminals on the starter relay. If it cranks, the relay, or start switch are bad. Be sure your battery is at least 13.6 volts and keep charged. Jump from the wife's car to test.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, it's your funeral, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts