Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 660 raptor se it has k&n air box and air box cover full Yoshi exhaust and header I need to re jet it when I’m in 5th gear pinned after like 10 seconds it suffers for gas and dies if that’s the problem what jets do I need someone please tell me if that’s the problem before I buy a jet kit

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Sounds like you are running out of fuel... You either need to raise the float level or unplug the petcock or fuel cap vent.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
"You either need to raise the float level or unplug the petcock or fuel cap vent."

Remove the fuel line from the LH carb, put it in a gas can. Turn on the fuel petcock - let fuel run for at least 5 minutes... does it flow vigorously and never slow down or is it real slow and/or slows down over time? IF it slows down over time, there is probably something plugging up the fuel cap vent - unscrew the cap - does it flow now? I once had a spider crawl up and die in my fuel cap vent tube - that was enough to cause the engine to starve for fuel after a few minutes.

If it's just flowing slow, it could be the filter in the petcock. Switch to reserve - does it get better? Reserve doesn't have a filter. Remove and clean the petcock.

Just use logic to make a theory of why you lose fuel after a few minutes of heavy use... and figure out ways to prove or disprove your theory!

It's time for you to download and read the manual and start to understand the components and their functions.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
Take the jets out, all they do is restrict fuel flow into the throat.
Gee, why not just remove the carbs and run the fuel line straight into the intake manifold?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
Take the jets out, all they do is restrict fuel flow into the throat.
Cut out the middle man, like your style[/QUOTT]

Confusing statements like this only complicate the OP's understanding of necessary repairs. It's best to keep to yourself and laugh without posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts