Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new to the forum. Just found it what great info, and now the reason I was looking for answers. My 05 350 raptor has a loud knock at all speeds. less at idle a little more on acceleration and it is not constant it has no pattern. I have done the valve adjust checked both left and right sides of the engine removed the covers. WWhen I did the first oil change the bottom of the drain plug was half full of metal shavings, Normal for a new machine I beleive. I have extended warranty until 08/07, would like any opinions you may have. Thanks,
Ernie.

·
Registered
305 Posts
elwilliams13 said:
Yes I have and no more metal shavings. They were bright aluminum along with usual fine grey metal from break in.
Yea that sounds like a normal break in. Well its nice you have payed for extened warr. Im not sure why you dont take it in and have them look at it. Kind of hard to point out whats making the noise without hearing it in person.

·
Registered
262 Posts
this in ways sounds retarded but I cleaned my carb and my tank petcock and if fixed a major knock that I had on my 350 on acceleration give it a try

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to take it in just wanted to know what you guys thought it was. So I can have an idea what to expect. It belongs to my boy and the bike looks horrible. Scratches everywhere I think he rolled it once or twice by the look of it. Just wondering if they can decline the claim before I show up and look like am a$%hole.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No. I have never heard that rolling it voids any engine warr. Rolling it happens to the best of us. Flip it back over, fix the stupid headlights that always break on me and re bend the the levers back into position and im off again. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.