Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Newbie here馃槉. Thanks admin 馃嵑..

Just got an 05 raptor 660 project and already started figuring it out why it won't start馃様..Rev light stacked on, neutral light works(off when on gear), replaced stator,regulator and rectifier, together with starter solenoid..Can somebody direct me to the right path so I can make this beast running and have fun?pls!馃槉..

Checked the following:
Handle bar switch, rev limiter/neutral wire(wires beside the sprocket), got them cleaned, connector plugs were cleaned with electrical wiring spray cleaner and blown with compressor gun. Battery reads 13V..

Need your help guys..

Thanks in advance

Registered
Welcome to the forum

There is a thread by @QuadManiac that explains how to ground out the reverse rev limiter, as well as alot of other useful info for 660 raptors. I think its called "most common raptor 660 problems explained"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

Master of the Electron
Welcome to the forum!

1) RE: 4stroker's statement - the limiters don't prevent starting
2) Can you please provide a detailed description of "won't start"? What, exactly ARE the symptoms and under what conditions?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
When start button was pushed, it wont crank but the oil temp blinks, it will crank on relay shorted but not spark..(new spark plug, stator, rectifier/regulator, and ignition coil..

Thanks much for replying 馃憤馃嵑馃嵑

Master of the Electron
Did you say that the reverse light is ALWAYS on?

Can you verify whether there is 12V on the red/black wire to the CDI?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bro.(QuadManiac)

Yes, the reverse light was on when you turn on the key. I haven't check the voltage of the red/black wire going to cdi, I'll check it and I'll keep you posted..thanks a lot!

Cheers 馃嵑馃嵑馃嵑

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hey QuadManiac, just an update regarding my reverse light stucked on, spark issue..the red/black wire reads 12.88V, also tried to bypass reverse limiter and the light is on..

No crank from the handlebar switch(cleaned), it'll crank from the relay shorting..no spark, with or without rectifier plugged/unplugged, pulled out the red wire from stator..

Still no spark and the light still on when key on..still need your expertise 馃槉馃槉馃槉

Cheers 馃嵑馃嵑馃嵑

Master of the Electron
You are now at a point where advanced troubleshooting tools(like an oscilloscope) may be necessary...

With everything properly interconnected, powered and grounded, continued lack of spark comes down to stator, CDI or coil.

If you ground the green/white wire going to CDI does the reverse light go off? If not then the CDI is showing at least one problem - check it's ground connection...

Does yellow/black at the solenoid stay at 12V both before and while pressing start? Does blue/black at solenoid show 12v before but 0v while pressing start? Let me know if any of the above is different.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hey bro, just got an idea of what is oscilloscope is..lol

I'll be honest with you guys, I bought this raptor for $1500 with no idea what's wrong with it馃榿, with the intention of fixing it. This is my first raptor, and really want it to get rolling, at least a spark. Is there easy way to get a spark?FYI, I am not a mechanic but knows a little bit of 2 stroke stuffs, except electrical..lol

Master of the Electron
Is there easy way to get a spark?
Yes, answer our questions... If you don't know how to measure voltage you will likely have a friend/neighbor who does - time to ask for help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts