Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an old protection plate in 1/4" thick aluminum.
Its quite destroyed.

Need a new one now, where to buy?.
One with a trailer coupling would be great.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Swingarm skidplate is what it's commonly called, there are literally dozens of options out there.

I haven't seen a trailer hitch for sale for any Yamaha sport quad other than the Warrior/Raptor350. There are none that I am aware of for the Raptor 700R.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive seen a Swingarm skidplate with trailer coupling on internet couple off years ago.
Cant remember who mfg it.

Anyhow who`s got a serious rugged Swingarm skidplate for me then?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Ive seen a Swingarm skidplate with trailer coupling on internet couple off years ago.
Cant remember who mfg it.

Anyhow who`s got a serious rugged Swingarm skidplate for me then?
I'd consider looking at the local aluminum welders and fabricators in you community. You may find a machine shop that can repair the one you have and add a ball hitch attachment to it.
good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd consider looking at the local aluminum welders and fabricators in you community. You may find a machine shop that can repair the one you have and add a ball hitch attachment to it.
good luck
Its so damaged i call it unrepairable. The local welder here in Norway costs almost 200 usd for a hour. Im better off buying a new one. But where to buy i rugged one?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Its so damaged i call it unrepairable. The local welder here in Norway costs almost 200 usd for a hour. Im better off buying a new one. But where to buy i rugged one?
It doesn't matter where you buy it, I would just look close to the advertisement for 0.190" aluminum or even 0.250" thick aluminum if you want real heavy. If they don't give you the thickness of the aluminum in the advertisement then stay away for that skid plate. Good luck

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
.250 is what i run. havent bent it yet

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
www.prm-atv.com probably has the toughest one.

Pro Armor has one that has a hole in the back for hooking up an atv two strap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba18ed5b

If you really wanted a good solid ball mount for a small trailer. A round house swing arm with a small square pice of tubeing on the top of the carrier would make for a nice strong reciever hitch mount. It would be much more soildid that relying on the small 4 bolts that hold the swing arm on. Then you could just pull a pin out and take the ball off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
www.prm-atv.com probably has the toughest one.

Pro Armor has one that has a hole in the back for hooking up an atv two strap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba18ed5b

If you really wanted a good solid ball mount for a small trailer. A round house swing arm with a small square pice of tubeing on the top of the carrier would make for a nice strong reciever hitch mount. It would be much more soildid that relying on the small 4 bolts that hold the swing arm on. Then you could just pull a pin out and take the ball off.
Finally some great answers.
Thanx alot.
The proarmor with the hole seems like the best solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts