Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's just different (and cooler Yami old school!) plastic.. that's it. 2007s SEs have front rezzies.

Personally, I am sick of Yami blue so the classic yami colors are the old reason I bought the 2006 SE.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The front shocks are better on the '07 SE (have the same shocks as the YFZ450). And I think the rear brake rotor is cross drilled on the '07. I don't think either of those things will be noticable to the normal/recreational rider.
Knowing this I bought another 50th anniversary edition anyway. The yellow hides scrapes and scratches surprisingly well and looks much meaner to me than the white ones. The black/silver/orange '07 SE looks tough but black plastic tends to show its age after a season or two.
I too am tired of the Yamaha blue (although it seems to be the best color for hiding scratches, etc.).

·
Registered
963 Posts
I got a woody when I saw the o6 se and just had to have it..Brought back some childhood memeories of the old three wheelers in yellow...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am an old YZ yellow man too. So I had to get the 06 SE.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
You pick up better looking women with the SE :grin_nod:

·
Registered
584 Posts
The yellow does hide scratches very well. Everyone always likes the color when they see me riding.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The retro colors (yellow and black) rule. They hide scratches better than all the other colors I have (Black,white, grey and yellow).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Rodneysj said:
This bike reminded me of my first dirt bike when I was a Kid. Anyways, yellow has always been the fastest.
The first time I saw the 06 Yellow colors, my childhood flashed before my eyes. I had to buy at least one.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mine would look better but I blew the damn big white stickers off the rear fenders with a pressure washer. :mad:I wasnt even that close. :'(

·
Registered
497 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
Mine would look better but I blew the damn big white stickers off the rear fenders with a pressure washer. :mad:I wasnt even that close. :'(
New decals can't cost much.......Or do they?

·
Registered
203 Posts
headingnorth said:
Blownhotrodder said:
Yea...my rear ones are hang on with some glue now ( pressure washer )......I have not priced new decals but if its yamaha, its not going to be cheap!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
headingnorth said:
Blownhotrodder said:
I think the rear fender decals are $75 - each. :eek:
I'm saving my pennies so that I can buy a full decal kit before they aren't made anymore. I plan to have the twins (I've got two) for a long, long time and am guessing decal sets for a one-year only quad won't be around forever. Same with the plastics.

·
Registered
429 Posts
bxofrox said:
I got a woody when I saw the o6 se and just had to have it..Brought back some childhood memeories of the old three wheelers in yellow...
I had the same reaction, I had a 1980 YZ250 as a kid that I absolutely loved! So I bought the SE.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The only differnce is that they yellow has an especially large port flux capacitor in it. That is what makes it faster then the blue or white. Not even the dealers know about this, it was a secret upgrade at the factory just befor they left the plant.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts