Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new around here and am having issues with my raptor 350. So i have a 2006 raptor 350 that will warm up and ride just fine for about a minute then it just stalls. It does not really stutter at all or anything just cuts out, sounds like a spark cut. So after reading up on some forms and seeing what others have done to fix a similar issue, i replaced the coil pack, coil wire and spark plug, i also adjusted the valves and cleaned the carb. it seemed to run much cleaner but still the same issue. i was starting to think it might be compression related so i used a bore scope to look down the spark plug hole and the motor looks fine, other then some normal wear. When i get some spare time i will be checking fuel flow to the carb and checking the stater. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,220 Posts
Almost sounds like something is causing it to ground out. Does it start right back up? Sitting there idling and warming up will it stall or only while riding around jostling wires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not start right back up, it just sits there and cranks but will not fire until it cools back down, then it starts just fine. It stalls when riding AND idling.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Sure sounds thermally related. You could try a can of freeze spray (for electronic testing) to spray the CDI and coil when it dies... if it comes back quickly then you can figure out which is failing. If there's no difference then it's likely the stator or somewhere in the harness near a heat source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts