Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been have issues with spark sometimes to finally no spark at all. I have the manual I measured the resistance on the pickup coil and I get a ready of 43.10 and the book says 459-561. When I measure the stator I get .7 on pins 1&2 and .6 on pins 1&3. The manual say reading for both should be 0.70-0.88 . Any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
I had an issue a few years ago like this. Read through my posting here and hopefully it helps. The parts are cheap on EBay, I bought a stator but it ended up being the CDI.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys I thought this was were you share and get help don’t leave me hangin
So I got home from camping. And wouldn’t you know it an hour after I left the new stator and rectifier show up. The new stator is thinner and the bolts are a little long also we’re they mounted the strap for the wires is off by about an eighth so I use my dremel and grind it out. Got it all together and hit the button I got spark. Put the plug in turn on the gas wait about 3 min. Pull the choke she fires right up like 3 cranks. Going to ride it tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
That’s great news! Thank you for following up with the fix for your bike. These threads stay in the system infinitely unlike any help on FB groups. Which means when you google an issue, this will pop up and help future riders.

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 5 of 5 Posts