Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so this might end up being a dumb question, but im about to trade my 2005 predator for an 06 Raptor 660 SE. But i looked up some info and found that the raptor was stopped in 06 and the 700 was introduced that year.

So my question is, is there such thing as an 06 Raptor 660? Ive tried to find info and went to look for parts on sites like rockymountain atv and it only goes to 2005.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Nope 660's were only made up until 2005. Got any pics of it or a color description.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
10th digit of the VIN is the year - 1 thru 5 for 2001 thru 2005. There is no 2006 660. This was the first year of the 700 - a very different quad.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Whatever he may be telling you, he doesn't have a title for a 2006 Raptor 660. As others have stated, the last year the 660 was made was 2005. In 2006, the 700 was sold. Post up pictures of this "2006 Raptor 660" that he sent you.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
the easiest way to tell if its a 700 or 660 is by the frame. 660's have a round tube frame and 700's have a squarish mid frame section. but only loozzers ride 700's right cdg?...oh wait

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
the easiest way to tell if its a 700 or 660 is by the frame. 660's have a round tube frame and 700's have a squarish mid frame section. but only loozzers ride 700's right cdg?...oh wait
Lol, first of all sanders, I'm not informed about what a loozzer is, but I can assure you I am not one of those. Second, haha, my 700 is at this time still in an assortment of storage tubs waiting to be assembled, both due to time and lack of parts constraints. Even after I get the motor together, I'm still missing the key component to being able to utilize said motor, which is a frame. I have yet to procure one. Motor should be going together here in the next two weeks though. And I am still keeping the 660 anyway, so I can't be considered this "loozzer" you speak of. How are you liking those Monster Energy stickers?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Old phone that had the pics broke so no more pics ): it was for sure a raptor. i just asked him for either the whole vin or atleast the 10th digit of the vin to get the real year of it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Old phone that had the pics broke so no more pics ): it was for sure a raptor. i just asked him for either the whole vin or atleast the 10th digit of the vin to get the real year of it.
We aren't debating whether or not it's a Raptor or not, we are just trying to figure out what this guy is trying to tell you he has, because it sounds like HE doesn't know. From 2001-2005, Yamaha made the Raptor 660. From 2006-Present, Yamaha has made the Raptor 700. If he is telling you that he has a 2006 Raptor 660, he either A) doesn't know what he is talking about, B) is lying to you, or C) fabbed a 660 motor into a 700 frame (why he would do this, I'm not sure).

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Fuel injected Raptors kick ass!

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
FYI, it is common for a state's DMV to have mistakenly titled a quad in the year it was first sold, NOT the model year. Case in point - my Raptor is titled as an 02 - much to my disappointment, as I didn't know enough to identify the year (VIN says 01) when I bought it...

Also, one of my 02 400ex's is mis-titled as an 01 cuz it was sold early - VIN says 02.

So, it is certainly possible that this quad in question is TITLED as an 06 660... buy we know it can not be. As I said, check 10th digit of the VIN (which will be on the title) to verify.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI, it is common for a state's DMV to have mistakenly titled a quad in the year it was first sold, NOT the model year. Case in point - my Raptor is titled as an 02 - much to my disappointment, as I didn't know enough to identify the year (VIN says 01) when I bought it...

Also, one of my 02 400ex's is mis-titled as an 01 cuz it was sold early - VIN says 02.

So, it is certainly possible that this quad in question is TITLED as an 06 660... buy we know it can not be. As I said, check 10th digit of the VIN (which will be on the title) to verify.
yeah im assuming this is what happened, thats why i first asked for the 10th digit in the vin. Just havent got a reply yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts