Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m new to this forum and new to raptors. My question, please don’t shoot me down, is has anyone fitted a removable top box to the back of their Raptor? I need to fit one for my helmet and for transporting film / drone equipment.
Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
Would a 6 pack rack grab bar be too small, then attach a small box to that? I have seen a rack before placed on them, not sure if they are sold anymore though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
XFR makes them, have one on all mine.

View attachment 143251
How much weight have you put on those and have you had any bending or cracking problems?

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
That’s the type of rack I was referring to, the full utility rack. They look weird, but I have seen them.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well this is what I found, this is the only one I saw that was specifically made for the 700. Lots of universals. This could work good if you could get it set up so the box you mount on it is forward over part of the seat and at least for me not rubbing on the plastic :) Wouldn't want a ton of weight hanging too far off the back. I figured out if I lay my backpack flat and have the bottom of it on the seat and the top part resting on my bag in the rack, the arm straps go around the rack loops and it stays right there so I don't have to wear it. Sits above the plastic so it doesn't rub.

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
9,451 Posts
That one looks way better than the farmer rack I had found a while back.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think you should buy it and find a nice box that fits it. Been thinking about this since I looked it up but already have the sixpacks and don't want to be the guy to buy one first and find out the angle is wrong or it will only support a box not bigger than the bag I'm already using. So order one up already!!! If you can get it to work I'm a buyer :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts