Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got my Raptor 2 days ago. I clocked it today at 92 mph. I can wheelie it in 5th with a good jerk. Im not holding it there though. NO WAY!

If you have read some of my past post you would know that a guy with a honda 450 has been talking a lot of BS around here. His bike this and that. Well he just left my house with some other guys. Hes wanting to race for money but I dont think he wants to race my race. My bike picks up very easily through 3rd. Hes wanting to race about 2 football fields. Do ya think thats long enough. I told him about 1/8 mile and I would race for money .. otherwise Im not racing for money. As for what he has .. Im not exactly sure if he has done engine work. I think so. He has a pipe and rejeted I know. Thats all. I think he wieghed it down so it doesnt wheelie easily also. Not sure.

So as of now .. there is no race set. Race would be on pavement if ever a race.

·
Registered
815 Posts
you clocked at 92 with just a stage I, piston, barkers, 15t... and NO HEAD port ? ? ? ?
Thats kinda hard for me to believe....
not saying your lieing... but was the wind at your back / ? ? do you only weigh 100 lbs ? ?

Plattner

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plattner said:
you clocked at 92 with just a stage I, piston, barkers, 15t... and NO HEAD port ? ? ? ?
Thats kinda hard for me to believe....
not saying your lieing... but was the wind at your back / ? ? do you only weigh 100 lbs ? ?

Plattner
Maybe I should be the one driving car because I couldnt believe it also. My brother was driving. I will probably drive car tonight and let him ride Raptor. He wieghs more than me though. Im right at 200.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just talked to my brother. He was sure I was going 91-92 mph. I said I think I should drive the car and he was like .. "i know what Im talking about!" I was like ok .. did you clock 92 when you was catching up to me? He said NO I was right beside you for about 5 secs.

I think I still wanna drive the car myself so that I will know myself no questions asked. I believe him though.

Back to the subject about the race :grin_nod:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not sure of the big difference between running "about" 2 football fields or 1/8 mile. 1/8 mile is 660 feet and "about" 2 football fields is 600 feet. So unless you are using a tape to measure it is awful close to the same thing.

And if any quad does 92 mph the only thing someone needs to worry about is if the other one is running nos or a rocket.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Youre right. What hes wanting to run is the distance between 4 telephone poles. I know its not an eigth of a mile. I just got of the phone with him and he said its about 75 yards.

I have it set to race a banshee this weekend. A little over 1/8 mile

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might race him. I just didnt want it to be a short race because he has his tied down .. something like that ... so that it doesnt wheelie so easily. With the power I got .. mines will probably be in the air half that race. I'll keep you guys posted. He lowered the cash what he will race for so Im gonna give it a shot.

G

·
one of my buds has a 450 with a pipe and so on and it moves, if your stock then I think it will give ya a race. if you have the big 3 then you'll beat him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I really don't see you having a problem with that 450. Work your clutch just right and you'll be able to somewhat keep your front wheels on the deck. I have the normal 3mods along with a 15t and the only 450's that give me a hard time are port/polished, high-comp piston and a couple of other things. The only way I can see you losing the race is if you don't know how to ride your raptor. Remember to short shift and the race will be over as soon as you hit third gear. :thumbsup: :grin_nod: 8)

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Unless he has some mods that he is not telling u about u have the race in the bag. I would be careful though with the fact that he wants to race for money. He may be hiding something from you...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more question. Should I start in first or second. Im thinking second because Im on the rode. I lift up starting in second so I think thats enough torque to start the race?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good luck buddy :thumbsup: I think ya got him :grin_nod:

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Dude, when you race this guy, launch in 2nd gear. 1st gear is a waist of time and money in this case :grin_nod:. Good luck ;)
Don't forget to unplug the speed sensor 8)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts