Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
155 Posts
Are there any mods done to the bike? You said you got it for a good deal, was there any issues that the seller mentioned? Was the regular service done on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any mods done to the bike? You said you got it for a good deal, was there any issues that the seller mentioned? Was the regular service done on it?
Thanks for the reply
No the quad is stock other then a big gun slip on exhaust. Yes seller told me he turns on and runs but it dies after about 20 seconds of idle. It cranks up on the first try and engine sounds really health while it does run. I don’t know if it was serviced regularly but the engine is clean and looks like it was maintained well

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a 2006 raptor 700 for a pretty good deal on it. it turns on just fine and sounds real good while it’s running but will shut off after about 20 seconds of it being on and will shut off if given to much throttle. Any clue on what it could be ?
Very Nice, it could be that you need a new spark plug or the carb needs a good cleaning

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Was just going to mention the plug could be the issue. No carb on the 700’s though, these are FI.

Reactions: tawanna.thompsonn

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check the air filter too. The fuel injection can make up for a dirty filter but if it's really dirty it may have a hard time idling. Also, if the gas is old, it could be bad causing the issue.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
I think the easiest is to upload to YouTube, then link it here.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
155 Posts
Is there a fuel controller on it? Anytime you adjust anything with the flow of the engine with these you have to put a fuel controller on them. They burn lean from the factory so that could be your problem. I would first check to see if he had a fuel controller, then new gas and a new spark plug if those weren't already done.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Does it stop doing it after its warmed up? I 2nd the bad gas and new spark plug already mentioned, both can cause that

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there a fuel controller on it? Anytime you adjust anything with the flow of the engine with these you have to put a fuel controller on them. They burn lean from the factory so that could be your problem. I would first check to see if he had a fuel controller, then new gas and a new spark plug if those weren't already done.
No does not have a fuel controller it’s a completely stock raptor other then a big gun slip on exhaust.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Get a NEW spark plug in there. Also check battery voltage. When I fouled a plug once it did the same thing.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Multiple people have mentioned using a new spark plug, and draining old gas out to refill with fresh gas. You have not told us if you have tried either one. We cant help you if you wont take our suggestions. But heres another one anyway, possible plugged gas cap vent

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
^ good call on the gas cap vent. I remember hearing about a dealer that folded/kinked the breather hose on a new 700. Shortly after purchase the tank collapsed from the suction… breathers are important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts