Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my LTE Duals this week and put them on yesterday. I had read many posts prior to my purchase about issues with installing this sytem. I thought I should post a quick review to clear this up for future buyers that may be leaning on the edge of a purchase.

The Good:

Maybe LTE has changed their package, but I had no problems at all getting the exhaust installed. All header pieces were clearly labeled either 'RH' or 'LH'. I used only the hardware and bolts provided by LTE and did not have to come up with any additional bolts. The instructions were clear, but may need to be read through completely prior to starting the install. They had a sheet with a couple pictures for the location of the wire guard brackets on the left hand side. I did re-installed the stock sprocket cover using the spacers provided. I will eventually cut the cover to fit without the spacers as others have done in the past.
While the canister does hang a bit lower than the stock one did, Randy at LTE said he has only seen one issue with the cannister actually hitting the brake caliper. It was on a MX racer with an extended swingarm. He said that if I have any trouble with this, that he will work with me in resolving this issue.

Randy at LTE also said they will soon have heat sheilds available for the header pipes. He has not sucessfully received these yet, so he was not sure of the price.

The Bad:
It does look like the right header comes dangerously close to the airbox. I will be placing some thick heat shield tape on the airbox at this point that should prevent any problems.
The exhaust clamps were not included, but I ran it without the clamps and did not notice any leaks in the system. I will however be installing clamps between the header-pipes and the mid-pipes, and between the mid-pipes and the cannisters to prevent future problems.

The Ugly?? :grin_nod:
I did have a chance to take a quick spin and I love the power gain and the sound of this sytem! I can't wait until my trip to Little Sahara, OK over Thanksgiving. :thumbsup:
I will be taking the exhaust off next week and will send the header pipes, shields, and brackets to Performance Coatings in OKC, Ok to get them ceramic coated. You can save a little money this way and most likely get a better coating than if order from LTE.

I will get a couple pics posted of my current setup shortly.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Good write up :thumbsup: it sounds like you had the same experiance with the install as I did. I have not added any extra heat shield to my airbox and after nearly 200 hrs of hard riding in the dunes I have yet to melt anything. When the map is right the exhaust temp doesn't get high enough to melt stuff in my experiance.
As far as clamps go, I think LTE designed it to be a slip fit with no clamps needed so I don't think they were left out, they simply are not part of the hardware kit.

Enjoy your new found power :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
exhaust clamps aren't going to work the pipe at the connecting area are not slotted so theres no way the metal will clamp down mine have leaked sense the day I bought them still a great exhaust though

·
Registered
517 Posts
First off nice write up, thanks for taking the time!

Now,
If there is a leak issue is there room to slot it and place a band clamp or what about using a exhaust pipe expander in the inner pipe just enough to snug up the slip fit then 2-3 small tack welds to keep it from moving around before?

BTW,...ho w long did it take everyone to get your LTE's once you ordered and were did you order from???

PCIII in, Trinity intake on the way, 15t in the garage, now time for the LTE's. But I would like it all on by the 28th and wondering how much lead time in need to give!

Thanks all!!!

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my LTEs through Sweetquads. I'd say with the delay at sweetquads along with the delay at LTE, it actually took around four weeks for me to have them in my garage.

I think either one of the fixes you had for the leak issue would work fine. I am not sure how necessary it is yet. I think after I have my ceramic coat added, it will not be an issue at all.

·
Registered
287 Posts
lotuseater said:
I ordered my LTEs through Sweetquads. I'd say with the delay at sweetquads along with the delay at LTE, it actually took around four weeks for me to have them in my garage.

I think either one of the fixes you had for the leak issue would work fine. I am not sure how necessary it is yet. I think after I have my ceramic coat added, it will not be an issue at all.
thats strange. Where do you live? I live in california and also ordered from sweetquads. fromthe time I ordered to the time they arived at my door exactly four days.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Missouri.

I am not exactly sure what happened, but I called LTE and it was over a week before they received my order from sweetquads. Then, probabably two weeks before LTE could ship it. Shipping with UPS was almost a week from CA after that.

I wasn't too concerned though, because I feel like I got a heck of a deal from sweetquads. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine also took more time than expected from sweetquads. Three and a half weeks, and I live in Arizona. Still arrived before my first dune trip coming up the 20th, so I was okay with that.

I completely agree with the write up. I think the fit is awesome. The finish however leaves a big question mark. I was very disappointed in the coating even on the cans. I like to take pride in what I have, keeping it looking top notch. I did not get the ceramic coated head pipes, however now I will be looking into finishing them!! I just hope they perform, then I'm sure these second thoughts will subside.

DJ

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a couple pics of my current setup. I will post other pics after I get my headers coated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts