Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We was riding today. I pulled up shut it off. The when to put it into neutrel to start it and it wouldn't go into neutral first or reverse. But it will shift up third fourth 5th and back to second. Any ideas?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It shifts up and down fine just wont go down past 2nd it rides fine but when I try to shift it down its like nothings there just wont shift down from second.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
If you cant use first, or reverse, your tranny has issues. Maybe, if you're lucky, those 2 gears are only stripped, and need replacing. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
It shifts up and down fine just wont go down past 2nd it rides fine but when I try to shift it down its like nothings there just wont shift down from second.
Research the Raptor 350 common problems, and 2001-03 I believe, Raptor 660's. Raptor 350's tranny tend to go out often, and I believe the issues with the 660's were 1st or 2cnd gear going out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like it could be bent shift forks to though. Does it go into 1st and just not move or will it not go below 2nd at all?
Yeah it just wont go down from 2nd. It goes up and down from 2 to 5th just fine.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Research the Raptor 350 common problems, and 2001-03 I believe, Raptor 660's. Raptor 350's tranny tend to go out often, and I believe the issues with the 660's were 1st or 2cnd gear going out.

Its a 2006 raptor 700

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's the best place to buy the crank case?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.