Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2006 Yfz450 that won't start, even when trying to bump start the tires lock up. But the engine turns over perfectly by hand. However, when trying to use electric start I heard a clicking noise coming from the starting solenoid. I checked if there's power reaching the starter and then took off the cover from the torque reducer, when removing the torque reducer the starter turns over just fine. But it seems as if the starter is too weak to turn the engine over, or the engine is just compressed too much. The battery was also replaced and spark plug removed to check if it can turn over easier, but still does the same thing. Any suggestions on what could've gone wrong.

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
Have you confirmed voltage on the new battery? Also, when you are trying to bump start it, do it in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you confirmed voltage on the new battery? Also, when you are trying to bump start it, do it in 2nd gear.
I checked the voltage on the battery and also put in a different one from another bike. But it’s still the same. I have also tried jumping in 2nd gear but that still locked up the wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts