Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...I'm going to Glamis next weekend for the first time with the new machine. My buddy has a 2004 660R with modded intake and full CT Racing exhaust. Am I going to be able to take him going up Olds or not? I'm running the PC3 with ProDesign intake k&n filter and STOCK EXHAUST. Still waiting for my LTE duals. We both run skat trak haulers and he weighs about 10 lbs less then I do. I know when I race him with my Predator its pretty much dead even. But my Predator has full exhaust and a couple of carb mods. The CTRacing exhaust on his Raptor was the biggest improvement to any motorcycle or ATV from stock I have ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Speaking as someone who's owned a CT piped 660, they can be very quick in the sand and I think you'll have your work cut out for you. You have both removed your lid right? Same haulers on each?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My friends dad has a predator and I pull him by at least 2-3 lenghts everytime on my 700. And I pull my modded 660 everytime with my 700 too. I think if you guys have about the same riding skill you should be able to stay even with him and probably even pull him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I raced my girls dad up olds over the new years weekend and walked past him with ease. He has an 05 660 with a White Bros full system, intake kit and its rejeted. Im running the HMF Ballance full exhaust, gytr intake kit, and PCIII. I let him have a head start through the woops and caught him about 1/2 way up the hill. The your 700 should do very well against that bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heres a few pics of how the race with a 660 went, I let off right at the top of the hill. He actually wants to sell his bike and buy a 700 after taking mine up the hill a few times.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It is kinda hard to tell what one is the 700. You are on the black bike right. Nice pics BTW makes me sick for sand.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If I had an 03 that was just piped I'd want to trade up too!

Heck, if I had the $$$ and could swap my current engine into the 700 I'd have done it already.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maddog56 said:
Speaking as someone who's owned a CT piped 660, they can be very quick in the sand and I think you'll have your work cut out for you. You have both removed your lid right? Same haulers on each?
Same Haulers on both and we both have the lids off as well. I know once I get the exhaust I'll be much faster, but with me running stock exhaust is my concern.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
lasher10 said:
Maddog56 said:
Same Haulers on both and we both have the lids off as well. I know once I get the exhaust I'll be much faster, but with me running stock exhaust is my concern.
That's why I'm thinking you'll have your hands full. I was amazed how fast my 660 was with just that CT pipe, sounds like you've seen the dramatic change as well. I know your bike will fly with the LTE's but until then watch your back! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does sound too promising.
I wonder if I should just take my Predator until i get my duals.

·
Registered
148 Posts
wait for the duals.. then make him want the 700 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
lasher10 said:
I dont know, from the butt dyno of my buddies big gun full exhaust, jetting and intake 660 and a 700 with just the p-shooter removed, lid taken off and PCIII....the 700 feels quicker and torqy'er......

I think your race could go either way. Get the LTE's and there wont be a comparison. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what's the pee shooter?........

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
135boom said:
lasher10 said:
I dont know, from the butt dyno of my buddies big gun full exhaust, jetting and intake 660 and a 700 with just the p-shooter removed, lid taken off and PCIII....the 700 feels quicker and torqy'er......

I think your race could go either way. Get the LTE's and there wont be a comparison. :thumbsup:
Big difference b/w the big gun and the CT. Can't wait to hear what happens!

·
Registered
177 Posts
The "pee shooter" is the tiny spark arrestor spout. You've probably already removed that ridiculous thing, I hope! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't removed anything from my GYTR

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh, you said stock exhaust - with the GYTR exhaust you should be fine in that race!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah stock exhaust....is there anything to remove from the stock exhaust? Other then the stock exhaust itself?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts