Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know carb settings for my 2007 raptor 350 se. Only mods are hmf slip-on spark arrestor (removed) and a uni air filter that uses the original air filter cage that came with the quad(with air box lid on). I live in pittsburgh so that makes me 1370 feet above sea level and if jetting is needed? I have dynojet ATV jet kit that I already purchased. What jets to I need to change and to what sizes. Also will I need to do anything with the needle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Swap in the Dynojet needle(it has a better shaped taper on the tip), put it in the same position.
Try one main jet larger, that should improve higher rpm running.
You can also try 2 main sizes larger if you feel it still needs improved, but no bigger should be needed.
The needle position shouldn't need moved, but try one clip richer if needed, with a bigger main jet already installed.
The pilot should stay stock.
Only make one change at a time, otherwise you won't know which change caused what.
And, with just a muffler and airbox lid on, one main size larger alone should do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it running with dyno jet jets dj132 main mixture 3 turns out and needle set on 3rd setting and was getting carb back fire or I guess you could say hiccup. I might try a 145 main and see how it does. Thanks for the response! I'll update how it's running when I swap out the main jets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts