Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,245 Posts
Start with the basics;

Battery should be at least 13.6 volts.

Replace the spark plug.

Check for loose or corroded wire connections.

Measure the coil resistance and plug wire per your manual.

Check fuses with a meter or test light.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a brandnew battery and ignition after reading i think replacing the cdi box could save me hours of yesting and headache. I tested the ignition coil and its fine

·
11,245 Posts
Its a brandnew battery and ignition after reading i think replacing the cdi box could save me hours of yesting and headache. I tested the ignition coil and its fine
What is the battery voltage now? Even a new battery needs to be trickle/float charged for a few days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery reads 12.45 with new tester i just bought. I have also noticed that the engine will turn over even if the switch is moved to the off position

·
11,245 Posts
Battery reads 12.45 with new tester i just bought. I have also noticed that the engine will turn over even if the switch is moved to the off position
A battery reading of 12.6 volts is considered 50% discharged. As said, you NEED to put a trickle/float charger on for a few days. Failure to do that WILL cause increased amperage that WILL burn contacts and wires. Sounds like your start switch is already damaged!

If you can't or won't, bring it to Washington and I'll do it for you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New question! The line on bottom of the carb its a clear line maybe some kind of bleed off line or something is constantly draining gas. any ideas?

·
11,245 Posts
New question! The line on bottom of the carb its a clear line maybe some kind of bleed off line or something is constantly draining gas. any ideas?
That is a overflow. I suspect the float level isn't set per specs. You'll have to adjust it per your manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts