Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this for pretty cheap due to the engine light being on and it not running right. It backfires extremely loud which I believe is because it’s running lean. I know these are fuel injection but never worked on them before. It doesn’t idle/ shuts off after not giving it gas for a sec. Once on the throttle, it sounds ok. I know it has an aftermarket exhaust but I don’t think this has a fuel controller. Anyone have similar issues or dealt with this before?

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
129 Posts
Does the engine light flash when you turn the key on? Is so the flashing indicates the engine code. Just count how many slow flashes there are, then the fast flashes separately. That'll tell you the engine code. For example, four slow flashes and two fast flashes indicate code 42.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
129 Posts
Thanks for that. I’m getting a code 14 which seems to be the intake air pressure sensor. Not sure if the sensor itself is bad or not
I would inspect the wires and the plug-in for the air pressure sensor. I've heard of them getting somewhat corroded and the sensor getting dirty and causing issues. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would inspect the wires and the plug-in for the air pressure sensor. I've heard of them getting somewhat corroded and the sensor getting dirty and causing issues. Let us know what you find.

for sure it could be as simple as a rat chewed wire. On a used machine of that age, it could just be the vacum line going to the sensor on the throttle body

the vaccum line is #6 in this parts diagram, the sensor is #5. If it were a wiring short, you'd most likely be getting code 13.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for sure it could be as simple as a rat chewed wire. On a used machine of that age, it could just be the vacum line going to the sensor on the throttle body

the vaccum line is #6 in this parts diagram, the sensor is #5. If it were a wiring short, you'd most likely be getting code 13.

Cheers
I finally had time to work on it today and you were absolutely right. Torn vacuum hose. I patched it just to see if it would run right and it idles perfectly as well as stopped backfiring so much. I owe you a beer sir. Thank you very much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts