Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 raptor 700 se this year they have piggy back shocks like the yfz on the front and rear and it also has a different computer. i called randy at looney tunes and he said the shocks get in the way of the exhuast header rand is going to try to get an se where he lives to start making a design will update when i hear further. for those of you with yfz shocks on the rear and lte exhuast have you had these problems? also the computer is different on the se model does this mean that the powercammander won't work? if it does will it work on 07 models? i was hoping to get a power commander soon if it works. also what other changes are different on the 07 models from 06's that might make buying aftermarket products difficult. thanks james

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2007 raptor se Mods? problems?

i quess i should phrase that different i don't know if it's a different computer but on yamaha web sit if you compare specs between the se nad regular 700 models it says 700r 16 bit ecu and for 700r SE it says digital TCI w/16 bit ecu does this make the computer different? what does it mean?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

I believe they are the same....just phrased differently.

I am suprised to hear that the LTE's are having clearance problems with the new rear shock. Every 700 has a piggyback res on it.....the new one must hang out more or something.......interesting!

·
Registered
287 Posts

I just recieved my new LTE duals today and had the same clearence issue with the rear piggy back (on the left side mid tube).I just have a regular 700R 2007, not the SE. I sent an email to their site to mention the problem. no responce yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 2007 raptor owners LTE's Don't Fit

so yamaha must of changed the 2007 model rear shock piggy back location. i hope that randy at looney tunes makes a new design quickly. raptordlux by how much is the pipe off by?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have LTE's on my yfz450 and love them but i was thinking that say the LTE's give you 3 more horsepower over the entire curve is that 3 hp. worth the extra weight of the other pipe? i don't want to wait for lte's and was thinking about DRD. but if the extra wait doesn't matter i would like the lte's

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think it really depends on what your doing. The LTE's are not going to be as light as an aluminum single, for obvious reasons. You have twice the exhaust, and a lot more header. If your out to make an mx machine or you are racing, and are trying to get rid of weight....probably no the best idea IMO.
BUT, if your a trail rider, duner, or drager..the wieght really isnt that big of a deal.....couple more pounds...and still somehow lighter then stock.
THe LTE's dont always make 3 more hp(.) Singles have close to the same bottom end, and peak...but right there at about peak is where the LTE's shine....as they keep that peak power for a lot more RPM's.
It all depends on what single you are trying to compare to the LTE's too. The common answer is "all the single sare really close"......well, peak that may be so...but I am willing to bet there are differences of several HP in parts of the curve. Thats the way it is on pretty much every other machine...I dont see why the 700 would be the exception...

LTE's are a damn nice exhaust though.....if they didnt cost as much as a big bore an then some I would think about it! Pretty certain my 734 will have more power than switching to LTE's!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: 2007 raptor owners LTE's Don't Fit

fastcrazyhurt said:
so yamaha must of changed the 2007 model rear shock piggy back location. i hope that randy at looney tunes makes a new design quickly. raptordlux by how much is the pipe off by?
I haven't heard from Looney Tuned yet. Its hard to say exactly, but its not off by much. It hits the nut where you adjustthe compression at. If the nut wasn't there, or the piggy back could be adjusted, it would fit without problems. It may just be the 07 models. I'm thinking an option may be an aftermarket shock. I believe some have piggybacks in other locations. Or if money wasn't a problem, a remote res. I would rather make a change and use the pipe than wait for an 07 model pipe, if I had to make the choice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
just got off the phone with Randy at LTE. says his has Elkas so he didn't notice a clearance issue. said the only ones he has had problems with so far are the SE modles because aparently the piggy back hangs directly to the left, not at an angle like the other modles. Any way he wants me to put a "Ding" in the mid tube and see if it works. Kind of like the ginny pig for the 07 production line. Good thing is he said he would still refund with ding in it if it doesn't work. Also said as long as it is not a crease, it will not affect the HP. .....OK lets go see.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
raptordlx i thought you said you didn't have an SE though and are having problems. if randy says its only for the se and you have the regular raptor than it must be on all 07 right? am i missing something here?

·
Registered
287 Posts
fastcrazyhurt said:
raptordlx i thought you said you didn't have an SE though and are having problems. if randy says its only for the se and you have the regular raptor than it must be on all 07 right? am i missing something here?
I dont have an SE. randy didn't have problems because he already swapped his to an aftermarket rear shock, so his resovour was not a factor. so the SE models are sure to have problems. and then the regular 700R 2007 year also will......any way I allready took Randys advise and tried to put a ding in the pipe. it was a little tougher than we thought. It needed a ding right where the bracket is welded on at. I took my time heatted it up with a propane torch till it was red hot and SLOWLY started banging the heck out of it with a ball pined hammer. I eventually ended up with not a ding but a nice flattened out area. Keep in mind i test fitted the piece countless times in between the hammering. It wasn't that hard , but you do need to be accurate with your swings.............now can't wait to hear it.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I have had my new LTE's on order for about 10 days now, This is very disappointing to have to Beat my new $800 (ceramic coated pipes) with a hammer to try and make them fit. Did Randy at LTE say that they were changing the "jigs" and to account for the shock nut on the SE's? I am also thankful for everyone's comments on this raptor forum!!! Very helpful. Thanks, Grant

D

·
0 Posts
I would not beat a dent into my 800 pipes, I would be sticking them up somebody's *** for poor R&D. If randy at LTE put an aftermarket shock on to fit the pipes what good does that do for us. I'm glad you guys are smarter than the builder! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
dizheafta said:
I would not beat a dent into my 800 pipes, I would be sticking them up somebody's *** for poor R&D. If randy at LTE put an aftermarket shock on to fit the pipes what good does that do for us. I'm glad you guys are smarter than the builder! :thumbsup:
Let's not be so quick to start bashing Loony Tuned exhaust.
Peeps are trying to put the pipes designed for the 06 that had the R&D work done to fit on the 06 on the 07 model. I know they fit perfect on my 06. How was Randy Looney supposed to know there was going to be a problem on the 07's when he designed them to fit the 06's? He must have decided to buy an 07 for himself then outfit it with aftermarket shocks and then put his exhaust on it and when it fit fine he had no reason to think or anyway of knowing there would be a fitment issue. Now that he has been made aware of the problem it sounds like he going to correct it. If you have pipes that won't fit send them back and get a refund. If you don't want to wait for ones that fit and want to take a hammer to them then it's on you. I am just having a hard time finding a valid reason to bash LTE or call Randy's intelligence into question. I would just either wait or buy another brand. The important thing now instead of dragging a good companies name threw the mud is to get the word out to 07 owners that the Duals designed for the 06 models don't fit on the 07's. Just my 02 on the subject.

·
Registered
91 Posts
was only a simple mistake, anyone could have done it.
Im a bit pissed with it, but what can i do?

luckily im in no rush to have them fitted.
they have been in a box for the last 5-6 weeks in my room while i wait on my pc3, and even at that, could be another few weeks before im out on my rappy again.
but for people who needed it soon im sure it a huge dissapointment.

i read this thread, only then did i go and try fit the duals to confirm to myself the problem.

i really hope he makes up a new mid pipe to suit as i really wanna keep the duals and dont wanna have to make and modifictions to the exhaust incase i f*ck it up.

and if i do have to send them back, im not payin for shipping as im in ireland

·
Registered
287 Posts
Exactly like Raptorrandy27 said. Randy at LTE surly didn't do this on purpose. I'm sure if he had known they didn't fit the 07s then he would let every on know before selling them. you can't expect R&D to happen over night. no one catches all the details, just look at todays auto makers. ppl who buy an 07 model vehicle are bound to run into problems (hello recalls) I've seen my fair share. for those of you who have the coated pipes or just don't wish to work the metal a little, Randy is a good guy and i'm sure will do any thing he can to help you. I wouldn't be surprised if he was hard at work designing the new 07 pipes while all uf us are out riding having a go time....guess all I'm saying is its not easy to provide the whole population with cutting edge equipment, you got to be willing to work with him.......cause hes willing to work with you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts