Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get the rear carrier bearings at carquest and just use the bearing number off the bearing? Or is it a yamaha only item? Also is there seals that are seperate from the bearing on the carrier or does it use the seal thats built into the sealed bearing?
thanks

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I used to work with a lot of bearings, but I found the real axle ones off a raptor 700 are not a common size. Even the manufacturer of them got back and said "Yamaha only part you need to get them through a Yamaha dealer". There are also aftermarket companies doing them such as all balls and pivot works. But I couldn't find a bearing dealer who could do them. Maybe other members have had better luck. Just keep away from cheap stuff.

As for the seals, there is a double lip seal which incorporates a cup seal at either end which is not something commonly available so go with Yamaha as they are only cheap anyway. You could get a standard double lip from most engineering supplies but the little cup seal just offers that bit more protection from water Ingres.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I confirm the non standard size. Other than the Allballs, Pivotworks and such, I haven't found anything readily available locally.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got moose racing bearings. I just moved the raptor into my shop and its squeeling and its like the brakes are being applied they got really bad sitting or something so hope axle isn't welded:(:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bearins are completely gone,, I'm gonna need a new spacer and also a whole new carrier, its shot, really messed up as it was riding on the races as when she blew she blew. Big gouges out of the aluminum where the bearing surface rides on. Anybody got a carrier preferibbly complete if not just a carrier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts