Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dealer I found has two raptors the regular blue 07 stock for $5500 or the 07 se2 Blue/White for $6800. I have $7000 but im not getting paid for another 2 weeks! now ive learned that the se2 doesnt last long anywhere as soon as they get them there gone! but thats a $1300 difference is it really worth it? What would you guys do buy the se2 and be broke for 2 weeks or buy the regular one for a hell of a good price? I would love to finance but the answer is no wherever I go!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
get the se and ask your mom for 100 bucks till payday! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I wish, my mom and dad borrow my money and ill make it for 2 weeks but it kills me spending that kind of money on a quad, even if its the almighty raptor. How do you guys that bought with straight cash feel about your investement?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i havn't heard of anyone at all that has been disapointed, we had a "how did you pay" thread, alot of people paid cash, alot financed, i financed, and so far no one has said "i wish i wouldn't of got it" the fun and memorys are priceless, if you can, just wait that 2 weeks and even if they do sell the se you'll find one eventually, .but hell, even if you don't get the SE you'll be happy, i got the 06 standard just to save $ and i love everything about it, i woulda liked the 07 black/orange but it wasn't out when i got mine, it was white/blue or yellow, and i thought the white looked the craziest at the time..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are these brand new bikes? Where are you located? A brand new 07 for 5500 is a really good deal!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its in PA but i live in NY so ive gotta pay 300$ more when I register it. Ive been researching the best places for a long time now.

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Get the SE!! I’m so glad I ended up going with that. The shocks on these bikes are sick. Yeah the price sucked but I’m glad I did it so I wouldn’t regret it later.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would suggect buying the 07 raptor for 5500, then using that extra money for a couple mods....
trust me once you get this bad boy you are going to want to add stuff on to it (especially if you are a member of this forum) ha ha
1300 is a big difference... i would definantly use that money on extras, or use it elsewhere....
for 1300 you can make your bike WAY better than the SE...

Plattner

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm with Plattner!! Go the 5500 route and get 3 mods and shocks :grin_nod: But either way you'll be happy. :wootwoot: :nana: :metal: :beer:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Agreed go the $5500 way.

The only performance gain with the SE is the shocks. So with the $1300 savings you could do the 3 mods and have a quicker 700. If you decide you want the rezzie shocks later you can pick up a set of YFZ or SE style shocks off of ebay for a lot less than $1300.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think that your dealer would be happy to sell you that quad and take a post dated check for the remaining balance.If you are putting that much up front a coupla hundred should be easily doable for the dealership.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Buy the Raptor for $5500.

Use the $1300 difference between the Raptor and the Raptor SE to modify your new bike. The SE isn't worth $1300 for shocks with rezzies.

Save $200!

~Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
i live in Pa and am lookin at the 07 700se. i have a $100 deposit on one got it $7000 OTD, they have 3 there as of monday . maybe we can work a deal out with them. I am just worried about spendin that much money . i am thinking of goin with the 700r just don't know if i need the upgraded shocks..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Buy the regular one. For 1300 dollars you could have some of the best shocks availible out there valved for your riding and your weight it sounds like a no brainer to me can you say elka elites :grin_nod:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toy-addict said:
i live in Pa and am lookin at the 07 700se. i have a $100 deposit on one got it $7000 OTD, they have 3 there as of monday . maybe we can work a deal out with them. I am just worried about spendin that much money . i am thinking of goin with the 700r just don't know if i need the upgraded shocks..
Where is this???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would be all over the Reg. Raptor for 5500. Thats a big difference in price.
I would use the money to mod it out. Make your own version of the SE

Robe

·
Registered
262 Posts
A good set of shocks will cost you 1500 to 2500$$$ with rebound,high speed, and low speed adj. Trust me I went through this on another bike I had. Also with good suspention you can ride faster safer. So to me the se was worth it just for the shocks. One guy told me that the stock performance shocks sucked but my se is so much smoother than any of the bikes i ride with. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn i just put a down payment on the regular one. I really wish I could find an se for cheaper but I just cant spend that much on an atv im going to ride once in a while. I cant wait though ive been into these raptors for years now!
Picking it up on monday :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts