Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just picked up an 08 250 and the clutch grabs when the lever is almost all the way out and then the motor revs up and you are not moving to well. The quad will shift through the gears but when you hit the throttle it revs up without much power. Could this be an adjustment or is the clutch shot? Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi, just picked up an 08 250 and the clutch grabs when the lever is almost all the way out and then the motor revs up and you are not moving to well. The quad will shift through the gears but when you hit the throttle it revs up without much power. Could this be an adjustment or is the clutch shot? Thanks
clutch shot !!!! 1hr fix !!!!:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
its more than likely it is the preaser plate that is chood up go with all factory parts you can go to moded raptor , com under there library section and down load the shop manual it will tell you how to take apart , inspect,replace,and adjust it . i always just flip it over on 2 wheels with the right side up and work on it .its much easyer. just turn your gas of first and don,t over tighten the bolts for the oil filter cover. they will strip out:D good luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
Use only shell rotella 15/40 oil or you will fry clutches. We would go thru them every race weekend intill I changed to rotella. Haven't replaced since.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck and welcome... the guys on the forum is amazing when it comes to helping other's like myself out if we're in a bit of a tiz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts