Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity I checked the vin on my raptor today and now I'm a little nervous. The vin report said its a 2007 but the color scheme and everything else on it is a 2008. It is the grey/red color scheme. :confused: Is the vin stamped for the year when it was produced?

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what made me ask this question :lol:

The vin reader said its a 2007 but I know its a 2008....???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmm IDK what the difference is with the years, but maybe it was right when they were changing over the years. At least with my Jeep, they started making the 201's in 2009 and seems mine was a special order, it took a while longer and didn't get it til Feb of last year.

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya thats what I'm wondering. Might have been made in say Dec of 07 as a 2008 model. Thats what I'm hoping anyway :lol:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But mine had the ressies, the 08 graphics, black wheels, and red hood.

·
Registered
749 Posts
if yours came with the rezzie shocks, red hood and black wheels...i'd def say it was made late like you said, but just weird that they would still stamp it for 2007 ?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
They changed to rezzies to make them more appealing i guess because of over-stock maybe!

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'd say ask yamaha directly, but the clowns at some dealerships wouldn't know what's going on. i'd go on the yamaha site under "contact us" and send a simple e-mail/call to someone asking if that is a common thing they do. not like it's a big deal, but it would end your curiosity lol

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Hey Cam,

Doesn't your machine have the sticker on the frame tube directly under your overflow bottle?

That will tell you which month and year your machine rolled off the assembly line.

My Rappy was built on 7/05 and is an 06 model.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I havent checked i know mine is a 09!

Called Cam short for Camil so just wondering if your askind me LOL

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Cam,

Doesn't your machine have the sticker on the frame tube directly under your overflow bottle?

That will tell you which month and year your machine rolled off the assembly line.

My Rappy was built on 7/05 and is an 06 model.:thumbsup:
No sticker on mine :(

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Oups sorry Cam LOL

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
VIN and title determine the year, regardless of what's on it they are the final word.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts