Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just joined the ATV community. I recently purchased a 2008 Raptor 50. I am wondering what are the best performance mods for the $$ to do first ? Thank you !!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Hello all, I have just joined the ATV community. I recently purchased a 2008 Raptor 50. I am wondering what are the best performance mods for the $$ to do first ? Thank you !!
I followed the mod's most suggest on this and other forums,-
- CDI box (eliminate's rev limiter)
- re-jet carb
- remove baffle or install new exhaust
- replace intake filter

I did just the cdi and removed baffle and gained roughly 7 to 8 mph,
then the jetting to richen it up,
but first mod I did and would recomend to any parent is wheel spacer's,
Try to keep them from turning over at all costs.
Hope you and your little one have a great time riding!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Uh, I think Jogaca was thinking you had a raptor 80. There is no baffle on my '04 Raptor 50, think they only came on the 80's. You need to do the throttle lever first (it's the gold piece in the throttle housing) then you need to replace the slide in the carb. This is the biggest bang for the buck. You can get these parts for about $25. The CDI gives you a few MPH, but it's only like 3 or 4 mph. These engines are not made for speed, anything over 15 mph will vibrate the fillings out of your teeth. I did all the goodies and ended up puting an 80 engine in it out of an '01 badger. Now it's all it should have been. There are lots of articles on what to do, me all over again would do the slide but this does create an issue with the engine dying if the throttle is opened up too quickly. Nothing you can do simply air flow dynamics on a small engine. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts